Friday, November 20, 2009

Method 10 - Wiki

Method 10 – Wiki World

It is true, the Plain English Tutorial series are just plain good. The length is just about right for a topic. My attention span, along with the rest of the world, has shrunk to about 3 minutes.

I really enjoyed the ALA wikis – I like Chicago – maybe next year!

The wiki posts in the Library Development wiki were interesting to view and pointed up some new sites to me. Good browsing on a rainy day.

One use I think might be valuable would be using a wiki with my faculty for Collection Development. Subject Guides might be helpful too. There are so many resources that it is helpful to have a spot where others might be able to make a contribution.

So out of this exercise I have an account with PBwiki; found some good blog sources and can see two ways a wiki could benefit me and my library patrons.

No comments:

Post a Comment