Friday, October 2, 2009

Method 5

I viewed all the assignments about Flickr and really appreciate its features. Using it in the private mode with family would be more my speed. In another institution, our library web team tried to use Flickr to provide direction to visitors looking for our 2nd floor space, but had to remove it due what were considered network security issues.

I do use Snapfish for storage, photosharing and photo related products. My favorite photosite is Picasa - it features a useful photo editor and organizer. Even though I have been using Picasa since its inception, I still find it a bit hard to manage my albums.

In web browsing, I notice that UT Austin includes Flickr as a widget.

This is one cloud computing concept that I really appreciate and use. One big value that I see is that use of these photo sharing tools can help create a sense of "community" and foster the idea of the library as "place".

No comments:

Post a Comment